Spravato®, or esketamine, is an FDA-approved nasal spray treatment for those struggling with treatment-resistant depression. This revolutionary medication works by changing brain chemistry rapidly to relieve symptoms like gloominess, despondency, and apathy immediately.
Spravato® is an innovative treatment option that works in tandem with oral antidepressants and must be administered by a healthcare provider. Research shows that it can yield positive results for those who have not seen the success they are hoping for when relying on traditional antidepressant medications or therapy alone.
Spravato® is not a cure for depression, but it can bring substantial relief from symptoms and assist clients in improving their quality of life. If you or someone close to you is struggling with depression, we urge you to learn more about Spravato® and the other mental health treatment services offered at Harmony. Our team of psychiatric and healthcare professionals is here to guide and support you every step of the way on your recovery journey.
What Is Spravato® Depression Treatment?
At Harmony, we know that combining multiple interventions is essential to providing the most beneficial results for our clients. We are proud to offer Spravato®, a revolutionary treatment opportunity for those enduring depression symptoms.
Spravato® is a life-changing nasal spray treatment for depression that has been resistant to other types of treatment. Containing esketamine, this groundbreaking therapy works by resetting the neural pathways in the brain and boosting norepinephrine and serotonin levels, two neurotransmitters that are known to combat depression. This innovative approach can produce faster relief than conventional oral antidepressants.
For people who have tried other depression treatments without relief, Spravato® may be a solution. However, it’s important to understand that this drug should be used as part of a complete recovery plan in tandem with standard protocols and can’t replace the need for talk therapy or other lifestyle changes.
About Harmony’s Spravato® Treatment Program
The Spravato® treatment program at Harmony typically involves the following:
- Initial evaluation and screening – An initial evaluation and screening process is required to determine whether you would respond well to Spravato® treatment.
- Educational session about using Spravato® – Our team of psychiatrists and mental health professionals will provide an educational session to ensure you and your loved ones understand what to expect when using Spravato®.
- Administration of the medication – The medication will be administered in our office by a qualified healthcare professional.
- Regular monitoring visits – Regular monitoring visits with a mental health professional will be scheduled to track your progress and make any necessary adjustments to treatment.
- Continued therapeutic support – Therapy is an important part of Spravato® treatment. Our team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists will work with you to create an individualized plan that helps you develop strategies for managing your depression symptoms long-term.
Harmony’s goal is for the Spravato® treatment process to be supportive and encouraging. While the initial evaluation and screening may seem intimidating, our compassionate team of mental health professionals will walk you through every step. We understand that depression can make it difficult for individuals to take control of their lives, but with proper care and support, we believe that each client in our care can work toward genuine, sustained mental well-being.
Discover Spravato® Depression Treatment at Harmony
Have other approaches to depression treatment not been successful for you or a loved one? With the groundbreaking therapeutic approach of Spravato®, it is possible to improve your quality of life and overcome your depression symptoms.
Harmony is proud to offer Spravato® as part of a comprehensive treatment plan for those struggling with treatment-resistant depression. Learn more about our Spravato® treatment program and the other mental health services we offer by calling 304.410.0082 or filling out our online contact form. Our knowledgeable staff is here to help you heal.